Classic BelliniSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
This classic cocktail tastes like the very essence of peach. It rises or falls on the strength of its ingredients: a bad Bellini is made with sugary, shop-bought peach syrup and flat fizz; a good one, using fresh fruit and playfully bubbling Prosecco, is heaven in a glass
- 75g caster sugar
- 3 ripe peaches, stoned and roughly chopped, plus thin wedges to serve
- chilled Prosecco to serve
- In a small saucepan, add the sugar and 75ml water. On a low heat, cook until the sugar has dissolved, then turn up the heat and reduce until slightly thickened.
- Blitz the peaches to a thick purée in a food processor. Remove and pass through a fine sieve. Add sugar syrup to taste (you may not need it all). Keep in the fridge until needed.
- For each serving, add 2 tablespoons of the purée to a chilled Champagne glass, then top up with Prosecco to serve. Garnish with a peach wedge.