Summer fruit tea fizz
Serves 8 | prep 10 mins | total time
For the summer fruit tea syrup
- 1 x tea bag of Taste the Difference summer fruit tea
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped out
- 100g caster sugar
- 100ml cassis or Chambord
- a large handful of summer berries
- 1 orange, sliced into half moons
- 1 x 750ml bottle Prosecco
Make the syrup up to 2 days ahead; cool, cover and chill in the fridge until serving.
- First make the syrup. Put the tea bag in a measuring jug; fill with 125ml boiled water. Brew for 2 minutes; discard the tea bag. Pour the tea into a pan, add the vanilla pod and seeds; bring to the boil. Add the sugar, stirring until dissolved. Remove from the heat and leave to cool. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, pour 50ml of the summer fruit syrup (the rest will keep well) and the cassis or Chambord into a pitcher or punch bowl, stir; add the mixed berries, sliced oranges and ice. Top up with Prosecco, stir and serve.