Oven brunch omelette
Serves 5-6 | prep 15 mins | total time
- butter, for greasing
- 250g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 200g button chestnut mushrooms
- 140g diced pancetta or lardons
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 75g mange tout
- 10 medium eggs
- a small handful of pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Grease a baking tin of about 19cm x 22cm with butter. Strip the tomatoes from the vine and put them in the tin with the mushrooms and diced pancetta, toss with the oil and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pile a few mange tout together at a time and cut in half. Blanch for 2 minutes in boiling salted water, drain and refresh under the cold tap. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add salt and break up just a little with a fork so the yolks are still yellow pieces within the whites.
- Remove the tin from the oven, pour over the eggs, scatter with the mange tout and olives, grind over some black pepper, then add the grated Parmesan in patches. Return the tin to the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the omelette is set, and puffy at the edges. Serve with extra Parmesan to sprinkle over.