Harissa, basil and feta frittata
Serves 2 | total time
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 2 tsp harissa paste, plus extra for drizzling
- 6 large eggs
- a large handful of fresh basil, finely chopped, plus a few whole leaves
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 125g vegetarian feta
- a large handful of rocket leaves
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Melt the butter in a nonstick 20-21cm frying pan over a medium heat, add the onion and fry for 8-10 minutes until soft. Add the harissa paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Whisk the eggs, basil and spring onions with salt and pepper. Pour into the pan and crumble over two-thirds of the feta. Cook over a low heat until the bottom is set, around 5-6 minutes.
- Put the pan under the grill (protecting the handle from the heat if necessary) and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until set and golden on top. Serve topped with the remaining feta, basil leaves, spring onions, rocket and an extra drizzle of harissa.