Rainbow fruit tartines
Makes 5 slices | Serves 5 | total time
- 180g full-fat cream cheese
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 thin slices rye bread (we used Kelderman stone-baked rye bread)
For the fruit toppings
- FOR THE BLUE FRUIT TOPPING
- 2 tbsp blueberries and 6 blackberries (cut in half if large) sprinkled with Greek basil leaves
- FOR THE PEACH TOPPING
- 1 ripe peach, sliced, drizzled with 1 tsp honey and the leaves from one sprig of thyme
- FOR THE FIG TOPPING
- 1-2 ripe figs, sliced, drizzled with 1 tsp honey and sprinkled with 1 tbsp pistachio nuts, chopped
- FOR THE RED BERRY TOPPING
- 3-4 strawberries, sliced, a few raspberries, dusted with a little icing sugar and 2 mint leaves, finely shredded
- FOR THE KIWI TOPPING
- 1 kiwi, peeled and thinly sliced, topped with the seeds of ½ passion fruit
Prepare up to 1 hr before serving.
- Mix the cream cheese with the icing sugar and vanilla and spread over the bread.
- Prepare the toppings and arrange one on each slice of bread. If you like, line the slices up on a board and cut each into 5 fingers. You can then rearrange them so everyone has a piece with each topping, making a tartine with a rainbow of colours.