Makes About 16 | total time
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 15g salted butter
- 1 x 397g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 x tub chocolate sprinkles
- Place the cocoa, butter and condensed milk in a small pan and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened to a soft paste and is coming away from the sides of the pan. You need to keep stirring so that the mixture doesn't catch and burn. Allow the mixture to cool until firm enough to shape.
- Scatter some chocolate sprinkles on a plate. Chocolate vermicelli are the traditional covering, but it looks good to use a variety of different sprinkles as coatings, on separate plates.
- Roll the mixture into balls the size of large marbles (wet your hands if the mixture feels too sticky) and roll them in the sprinkles to coat. Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm.
These Brazilian chocolate truffles are such an easy treat to make. Perfect to nibble while watching the Rio Olympics! They will keep for 3 weeks in the fridge, if you can resist them.