Ice cream sandwiches
Makes 10 | total time
- 1 x 500ml tub good-quality full-cream vanilla ice cream
- assorted cake decorations, such as 100s and 1000s, freeze-dried raspberries and mini chocolate crispies
- 1 x pack 20 chewy chocolate chip cookies (from the bakery)
You can make these the day before. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer to soften for 10-15 minutes, and put your chosen decorations on saucers so everything is at hand.
- Sandwich pairs of cookies around a scoop of ice cream, press down and then run a knife around the edge to neaten the ice cream. Roll quickly in your chosen sprinkles then serve straight away or freeze until firm. The biscuits will harden when frozen. If frozen for more than a few hours, remove for 10 minutes before serving, to soften slightly.
Tip Use chewy cookies so the ice cream doesn't ooze out too much as you bite in.