Serves 2 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 8 tbsp thick Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2cm root ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 4 x 175g skinless fillets of salmon (2 per serving)
- 175g mangetout
- 2 massive handfuls of baby spinach leaves
The paste can be made a few hours ahead and chilled; spread over the salmon just before cooking.
- Preheat your grill to high. Tip the yogurt, ground almonds, garlic, ginger, garam masala and paprika into a bowl, along with a good amount of salt and pepper and a drizzle of water. Mix to form a thick spice paste, then smother over the salmon.
- Place the coated salmon on a baking tray and slide under the grill. Cook for 6-7 minutes, without turning. The salmon will turn a dark golden colour and catch in a couple of spots – that's absolutely fine.
- While the salmon is cooking, bring a pan of water to the boil. When it is bubbling away, add the mangetout and simmer for 45 seconds. Place the spinach in a colander. When the mangetout is ready, tip it into the colander with the spinach to drain – the hot water will wilt the spinach slightly.
- Shake any excess water from the vegetables and serve with your tandoori salmon.
The Body Coach Supermarket Dash
This tandoori paste will also work well with chicken or pork – just remember they'll need to be grilled for longer to make sure they're cooked through.