Pan-fried lime and ginger sea bass
Recipe photograph by Maja Smend.
See more recipes
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 25g root ginger, peeled
- ½ x 31g pack coriander
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- zest of 1 lime, plus wedges
- 1 x 180g pack boneless sea bass fillets
- 1 x 200g pack Tenderstem broccoli
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
Step by step
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 3cm cubes, put in a bowl with 1 tablespoon water, cover with clingfilm and microwave for 8 minutes (at 600W).
- Grate the ginger and chop the coriander stalks.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan; set aside. Mix the oil, lime zest and 1 teaspoon ginger, and rub into the fish.
- Cook the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, then return to the pan. Toss with the coriander leaves, the spring onions and half the sesame seeds.
- Stir the remaining ginger, most of the chilli and all of the garlic into the sweet potato. Mash, stir in the coriander stalks and season.
- Return the frying pan to the heat, fry the sea bass skin-side down over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, flip and fry for 1 minute.
- Divide the veg and mash between 2 plates, top with the sea bass and finish with sesame seeds and chilli. Serve with lime wedges.