Summery lentil and tomato Bolognese
Serves 4 | total time 35 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 x 400g tin Puy or green lentils, drained
- 1 x 150g tub fresh red pesto
- 400g dried linguine
- 1 x 28g pack fresh basil, reserving a few leaves
- 4 heaped tbsp vegetarian hard cheese or Pecorino, finely grated
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and celery; cook gently for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the garlic; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and 100ml water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the lentils and pesto. Simmer gently for a further 5 minutes; season.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce, tear in the basil and toss together. To serve, scatter over the reserved basil leaves and finish with grated cheese.
How to plate up pasta