Thai pork mince
Serves 4 | prep 25 mins | total time
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 x 500g pack extra-lean pork mince (5% fat)
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 x 250g pack chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- ½ x 90g jar fragrant Thai base paste
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 x 400g pack beansprouts, rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 x 31g pack coriander, leaves chopped
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan or wok. Tip in the pork mince and fry for 5 minutes over a high heat, stirring to break it up well.
- Add the red pepper, mushrooms and the fragrant Thai base paste and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Mix in the cornflour then add the chicken stock and Thai fish sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Divide the beansprouts between 4 bowls. Stir the lime juice into the pork mince, then spoon this on top of the beansprouts. Scatter the coriander on top before serving.