Thai turkey mince
Makes 8 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 2 x 500g packs turkey breast mince
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 4-6 tbsp Thai red curry paste (we like Thai Taste)
- 1 x 200g pack baby button mushrooms, halved
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 300ml chicken stock
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
The Thai mince can be frozen for up to 6 months. Defrost for 24 hours in the fridge or 8-10 hours at room temperature.
- Tip the turkey mince into a large casserole and fry for about 5 minutes, stirring to break up the mince, until it has all changed colour (you don't need to brown the mince). Add the red peppers and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the red Thai curry paste and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, then tip in the coconut milk and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the lime zest and juice and Thai fish sauce, and season to taste. Cool the mince mixture, divide into portions and freeze in airtight containers.
Why not make this recipe into our Thai turkey mince with aromatic rice and wilted greens?