Sticky chicken stir-fry with slaw
Photograph by Martin Poole
See more recipes
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 1 x 295g bottle Taste the Difference smoky barbecue and brown ale marinade
- 3 red chillies
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 1 x 400g bag sweet leaf salad
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- ½ x 31g pack coriander, chopped
- 1½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 lime, cut into wedges to serve
Step by step
- Pour the marinade into a small pan. Halve and deseed 1 of the chillies. Add it to the pan along with the five spice. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring, until reduced and thick.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok. Brown the chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes until cooked through; transfer to a plate.
- Return all the chicken to the wok and season. Pour the marinade over the chicken, discarding the chilli, and stir.
- For the slaw, deseed and finely chop the remaining chillies, and transfer to a bowl with the salad, cucumber and coriander. Whisk the sesame oil, lime zest and three-quarters of the lime juice. Pour over, toss and season.
- Add the reserved lime juice to the chicken; mix. Serve with the slaw – sprinkled with sesame seeds – and the lime wedges.