Chicken and bacon salad
- 4 rashers of smoked back bacon
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, sliced into quarters lengthways, leaves roughly separated
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- 2 cooked beetroot, roughly chopped
- 350g skinless cooked chicken breast, thinly sliced
- a handful of roughly chopped walnuts
Step by step
- Preheat your grill to high. Grill the bacon until well cooked and a little crisp. Leave to one side to cool.
- Mix together the walnut oil, mustard, lemon juice and a little salt and pepper. Keep mixing until you have a smooth dressing.
- In a big salad bowl, toss together the lettuce, avocado and beetroot. Pour in the dressing and toss again. By now your bacon should be cool, so crumble it into the salad and mix together.
- Tip the salad onto a plate, then top with the chicken and walnuts.