Spiced salmon with coconut rice
Serves 2 | total time
- 150g Thai jasmine rice
- 200ml lighter coconut milk
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 100g curly leaf kale, any woody stems discarded
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp five spice paste (from a 100g jar)
- 2 boneless salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Put the rice, coconut milk, soy sauce and 150ml water in a medium pan and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the rice stand for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the kale with the sesame seeds, sesame oil and seasoning and place on one half of a large baking tray. Rub the five spice paste over the salmon; place on the other half of the baking tray. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the coconut flakes over the salmon and put back in the oven for 2-3 minutes until it begins to turn golden.
- Serve the salmon with the coconut rice and crispy kale.