Caramelised clementine and sherry cocktail
Serves 8 | prep 5 mins | total time
- 4 tbsp demerara sugar
- 2 clementines, halved
- 365ml dry sherry
- 1 cinnamon stick, plus extra to garnish (optional)
- 1 x 75cl bottle sparkling wine, well chilled
Make the clementines a few days before and chill
- First, make the caramelised clementines. Heat a medium frying pan on a medium heat, then sprinkle the demerara sugar over the base. Place the clementines, cut-side down, into the sugar. Gently cook until the edges start to look caramelised.
- Add 125ml of the sherry and the cinnamon stick, broken into shards, then take off the heat and allow to cool. Transfer to a bowl or large jar and chill until needed.
- To make the cocktail, cut the clementine halves in 2. Squeeze a clementine quarter into each glass, then drop the clementine into the bottom of the glass. Add a dessertspoon of the chilled caramelised sherry syrup. Pour 30ml dry sherry into each glass; top up with sparkling wine. Garnish with cinnamon sticks, if you like.