Smoked salmon and scramble croissants
- 6 medium eggs
- 20g butter, diced
- 4 butter croissants
- ½ x 20g pack chives, finely snipped
- 1 x 100g pack smoked salmon, torn into ribbons
Step by step
- Heat the oven to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas 3. Whisk the eggs briefly with the butter and lots of salt and pepper (the butter will still be in lumps). Put the croissants in the oven to warm through while you make the scramble.
- Pour the egg mixture into a cold, nonstick frying pan and put on a low heat. Stir with a heatproof spatula to collect the cooked egg from the base of the pan. Stir gently, folding the scramble until softly set with no liquid egg. Remove from the heat immediately, as the heat from the pan will make it keep cooking. Fold in most of the chives.
- Slice the warmed croissants in half, then spoon in the scramble and add a few ribbons of salmon. Sprinkle in more chives and a little black pepper to serve.