Smoked salmon and egg ‘muffins’
Makes 12 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 12 large eggs
- 5 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- ½ x 400g white loaf, crusts removed and bread cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 x 120g pack smoked salmon, chopped
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley or dill
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and season with salt and lots of pepper. Soak the bread cubes in the egg mixture for 5 minutes. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with 14cm squares of nonstick baking paper.
- Stir the salmon, tomatoes and parsley (or dill) into the egg mixture and pour into the lined muffin cups. Cook for 25-30 minutes until set and golden brown. Serve warm.