- 3 sprigs rosemary, plus a few to serve
- 400g medium carrots, scrubbed, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 unpeeled garlic cloves, bashed
- 1 tsp juniper berries (optional)
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or honey)
Step by step
- Heat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Roughly strip the rosemary needles from the stalks and put the whole lot into a large roasting tin. Add the carrots, olive oil, garlic, juniper (if using) and a generous pinch of sea salt flakes and black pepper.
- Get your hands involved and toss everything together to coat the carrots. Roast for 25-35 minutes (depending on the thickness of your carrots) in the top of the oven, until lightly golden and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Give everything a shake half way through and for the last 3 minutes, drizzle over the maple syrup and toss together. Keep a close eye on the carrots so the syrup doesn’t burn, but you want them lovely and sticky. Serve with fresh rosemary stalks for decoration if you like.