Maple-mustard glazed carrots and parsnips
- 800g carrots, peeled and quartered lengthways (or halved if thinner)
- 800g parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthways (or halved if thinner)
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 5 tbsp maple syrup with carob
- 3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
Step by step
- Part-roast the carrots and parsnips the day before: preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6, adding a very large baking tray to preheat (use 2 trays if necessary to prevent overcrowding and to maximise crispiness).
- Put the prepared carrots and parsnips in a large bowl, add the rapeseed oil, maple syrup, wholegrain mustard and a generous pinch of salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Spread out evenly on the hot tray.
- Roast for 45 minutes, turning half-way through, until golden and tender. Cool and cover; leave at room temperature on their tray(s).
- To finish, roast the glazed carrots and parsnips for another 15-20 minutes at the same temperature as before to reheat and crisp the vegetables.