Tuna steak with salsa
Serves 1 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 300g fresh tuna steak
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp tinned black-eyed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, peeled and roughly diced
- ½ mango (about 100g), peeled and roughly diced
- 1 small tomato, roughly diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ x 31g pack coriander, leaves only, roughly chopped
- Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper. Melt the coconut oil in a frying or griddle pan over a high heat. Gently lay the tuna in the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until it's done to your liking. Don't overcook it, as tuna is lean and dries out easily. Transfer it to a plate and leave to rest while you prepare the salsa.
- To make the salsa, mix all the remaining ingredients together and taste for seasoning then spoon the salsa over your tuna steak, or serve the tuna on top.
The Body Coach Supermarket Dash