Tom Daley's cod and lentils
Serves 2 | total time
- 80g Puy lentils
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 thin slices of lemon
- 2 x 150g cod loins
- 6 slices of pancetta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- ½-1 red chilli, chopped
- 100g kale, woody stalks removed
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Put the lentils in a saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water. Put a lid on and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the lentils are just tender but with a slight bite. Drain well.
- Put a rosemary sprig and a slice of lemon onto each piece of cod and season with salt and pepper. Then wrap each piece in 3 slices of pancetta.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a frying pan, add the pancetta-wrapped cod and cook for about 2 minutes each side until golden. Add 1 tablespoon of water and put a lid on the pan. Turn down the heat and cook for 5 minutes until the cod is cooked through.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and cook the garlic and chilli for 1 minute. Add the kale, cherry tomatoes and 75ml of just-boiled water and cook for about 5 minutes until the kale is tender. The tomatoes will be lovely and squishy by this stage too. Stir in the lentils; season.
- Divide between 2 plates; top with the cod. Spoon over any juices from the pan and serve.