Parma ham and mozzarella chicken pockets
Serves 6 | total time
- 6 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 x 15g pack thyme, leaves only
- 1 x 125g ball mozzarella, drained and cut into 6 slices
- zest of 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 x 80g packs Parma ham slices
- 1 x 400g pack Vittoria tomatoes on the vine
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 x 28g pack basil, leaves only, torn
Prepare to the end of step 2 the day before, cover and chill.
- Preheat the barbecue or grill. Using a sharp knife, cut a horizontal pocket in each chicken breast. Stuff each one with some thyme leaves, a slice of mozzarella and lemon zest.
- Wrap each chicken breast tightly in 2 slices of Parma ham; chill for 30 minutes.
- Barbecue the chicken for 20-25 minutes, turning once, until cooked. Cook the tomatoes alongside the chicken for 7-8 minutes until just softened. Serve the chicken and tomatoes drizzled with olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar, scattered with basil leaves.