Serves 6 | total time
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- a small pinch of crushed dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp grated root ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 4 spring onions
- 12 soft lettuce leaves, to serve
Marinate the chicken overnight in the fridge.
- Mix the miso paste with the soy sauce, ½ teaspoon sesame oil, vegetable oil, chilli flakes, ginger and garlic in a large shallow dish. Turn the chicken breasts in the marinade to coat. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the barbecue or grill. Cook the chicken for 20-25 minutes, brushing with any leftover marinade at the start and turning a couple of times to cook through evenly.
- Meanwhile, shave the carrots into ribbons and slice the spring onions. Toss with ½ teaspoon sesame oil and a pinch of salt. Slice the chicken and serve on soft lettuce leaves with the carrot and spring onions.