Asian chicken and ginger salad
Asian chicken and ginger saladSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
Our Asian chicken and ginger salad is the perfect meal for one
- 1 skinless chicken breast, about 125g, cut into long strips
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- a pinch of sugar
- 1⁄2 x 250g pack cooked red and white quinoa
- 100g sugar snaps, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 small avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
Put the sliced chicken in a bowl and add the grated ginger, 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil and some seasoning, and stir to coat. Heat a large nonstick frying pan on a medium heat, add the chicken mixture and cook for 6 minutes until golden and cooked through and the ginger is golden and crispy.
Combine the remaining sesame oil with the soy sauce, rice vinegar and sugar to make the dressing. Put the quinoa in a mixing bowl (breaking it up with a fork if it’s in clumps) and add the raw sugar snaps, spring onions and 2/3 of the dressing, and toss together.
Put the quinoa salad on a platter, top with the ginger chicken and the avocado, drizzle over the remaining dressing and scrape any crispy ginger left in the pan on top.
Recipe by Liberty Fennell