Kimchi cheese toastie
Serves 2 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 50g extra mature cheddar, coarsely grated
- 50g grated mozzarella
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 100g drained kimchi
- 25g softened unsalted butter
- Mix the two cheeses together. Lay 2 slices of sourdough on a board and top each one with a quarter of the cheese mix.
- Spoon the kimchi evenly on top, then add the rest of the cheese. Press the other slices of bread on top to make the sandwiches. Spread the outside of the sandwiches with the butter, and heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the sandwiches to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, pressing down gently with a fish slice, until the bread is golden brown and crisp, and the cheese has melted. Cut in half, and serve straightaway.
Quite possibly the best cheese toastie in the world – try it and see!