Serves 2 | total time
- 1⁄2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Little Gem hearts
- 1⁄2 x 100g pack cooked smoked bacon rashers, halved
- 1 roast chicken breast, torn
- 12 Pomodorino tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 x 150g pack Blacksticks Blue cheese, diced
- 1⁄4 x 100g pack black pepper and sea salt croutons
- 50g mixed olives
- Make the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, olive oil and seasoning in a small serving bowl or ramekin.
- Separate the Little Gem leaves and arrange on a platter. Add each of the remaining ingredients to the platter in a separate area, and serve with the dressing.
- At the table, toss everything together with the dressing and serve yourselves from the platter.
Tip The Cobb salad was first served at the Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant in Florida, in the 1930s
This classic American salad combines lots of goodies, ready to toss together with the dressing at the table.