Spicy ginger and chilli beef soup
- 250g sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 2 x 450ml tubs fresh beef stock
- 2 tbsp finely chopped root ginger
- 1 x 200g pack tenderstem broccoli, halved lengthways
- ½ 300g pack fresh rice noodles
- 4 spring onions, cut into strips
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 4 tsp soy sauce, or to taste
- ½ x 28g pack mint, leaves only
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Season the steak with salt and pepper, and griddle over a high heat for 6-7 minutes, turning halfway. When the steak is cooked to your liking, set it aside on a warm plate and leave to rest.
- Meanwhile, pour the stock into a medium saucepan and add the ginger. Bring to the boil, then simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, noodles, three-quarters of the spring onions and the chilli to the pan. Simmer for 3 minutes or until the noodles and brocolli are tender.
- Season to taste with soy sauce and black pepper. Ladle into bowls. Slice the steak thinly and divide among the bowls; scatter over the reserved spring onions, chilli and mint leaves. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.