Miso vegetable soup
by Sarah Alcock
- 2 x 500ml pouches Signature vegetable stock
- 2½ tbsp JS miso paste
- 125g soba noodles (or dried wholewheat noodles)
- 2 x 140g packs exotic mushroom selection, large ones sliced
- 200g pack Pak Choi, leaves separated, large ones sliced
- 2 tsp soy sauce, or to taste
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ x 28g pack coriander, leaves only
- 1-2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring the stock to the boil, then whisk in the miso paste. Add the soba noodles and simmer, covered, for 5-7 minutes until tender, adding the mushrooms and pak choi halfway through.
- Season to taste with soy sauce, and stir in the spring onions and coriander just before serving. Ladle into bowls and drizzle with a little toasted sesame oil.