Spicy turkey steaks with corn salsa
Spicy turkey steaks with corn salsaSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
Marinating lean turkey helps to keep it succulent and full of flavour
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp spicy chipotle chilli paste*
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 turkey steaks
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- cooked quinoa and green salad, to serve (optional)
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
For the grilled corn salsa
- 4 corn on the cob, or see Kitchen Tip
- 1 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp ancho chilli flakes or 1⁄2 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 40g feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander, plus extra to serve
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
Marinate the turkey for up to 24 hours.
Preheat your outdoor barbecue (you can also use a griddle pan but you can heat this up closer to the cooking time). Combine the lime juice, chipotle paste and honey in a shallow baking dish, season well and turn the turkey steaks in the mixture. Cover and chill until just before cooking.
Rub the corn cobs with the mayonnaise and season well. Grill the corn on all sides until golden yellow with charred grill marks. This will take about 20-25 minutes. Use a sharp knife to cut off the kernels and place in a bowl.
You can use 2 x 198g tins of sweetcorn instead of corn on the cob. Drain well and tip into a hot large nonstick frying pan. Stir-fry for 10 minutes until starting to char. Stir in the mayonnaise for the last 30 seconds then tip into a bowl and season.
Add the remaining salsa ingredients and taste for additional seasoning.
Drizzle the vegetable oil on the turkey steaks and barbecue or griddle for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through. Remove and serve with the salsa, quinoa and salad if you like. Sprinkle everything with green chilli and extra coriander.
Recipe by Jennifer Joyce