Crunchy apple fruit and nut salad
- 1 x 432g tin pineapple chunks in fruit juice
- 5 apples (we used Granny Smith), cored and thinly sliced
- 75g pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 75g raisins
- 50g Greek-style natural yogurt
- 150g soured cream
- 2 x Sweet Gem lettuces, separated
Step by step
- Drain the pineapple into a sieve over a bowl to catch the juice.
- Place the pineapple and apples in a large bowl with most of the pecans and raisins.
- Mix the yogurt, soured cream and 3 tablespoons of the pineapple juice together with some seasoning, then toss through the contents of the bowl until well coated. The salad can be prepped ahead and chilled overnight, letting the flavours develop.
Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter. Spoon the apple salad into the centre and top with the remaining pecans and raisins.