Gizzi Erskine's tzatziki
- 1 whole cucumber, peeled, deseeded and coarsely grated
- 1½ tsp dried mint
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 225g full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1 x 28g pack mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more to serve
Step by step
- Put the grated cucumber in a sieve and rest over a bowl. Sprinkle over a little salt, mix together then put another bowl on top and press down so the liquid drains out. Set aside.
In another bowl, mix the dried mint, lemon juice, garlic and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir and allow the mint to rehydrate for a couple of minutes.
Add the yogurt, dill, fresh mint, drained cucumber and oil; mix thoroughly. Season to taste; when ready to serve, drizzle over a little more oil and scatter with more dill.