Full English traybake
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 1 x 300g pack mini portabella mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 medium vine tomatoes, halved
- 1 x 200g bag young-leaf spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano or thyme leaves
- 4 rashers lean back bacon (optional), grilled and roughly chopped
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Heat the oil in a large, nonstick frying pan and add the onions. Cover and cook gently for 15-20 minutes or until softened.
- Increase the heat to high and add the mushrooms and garlic. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, then transfer to a wide ovenproof dish or nonstick roasting tray. Arrange the tomatoes, cut-side up, among the veg and season. Roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach into a large colander in the sink, then pour over a kettle of boiling water to wilt it. Cool, then squeeze out any excess water and add to the roasting tin.
Make 4 hollows among the vegetables and crack an egg into each. Scatter over the oregano or thyme, return to the oven and cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Remove from the oven, scatter over the cooked bacon and serve.
Warning: This recipe contains partially cooked eggs.