Courgette and pancetta carbonara
- 175g dried linguine
- 100g fresh or frozen peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ x 160g pack smoked cubetti di pancetta
- 1 courgette, halved lengthways
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 40g Parmesan or pecorino, finely grated
Step by step
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; add the peas for the last 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the pancetta for 2-3 minutes until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper. Slice the courgette into half moons and, using the same pan, stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the spring onions and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Return the pancetta to the pan and take off the heat.
- Whisk the eggs in a jug with the crème fraîche. Stir in the chopped mint and most of the grated cheese, then season with a little salt and lots of black pepper.
- Drain the pasta and peas, reserving a couple of tablespoons of cooking water, and return to the pan, with the reserved water, pancetta and veg. Pour over the egg mixture and toss together with tongs until all the pasta is coated in the sauce. Serve straight away with the remaining grated cheese.