Tuna and fresh tomato linguine
Serves 2 | total time 25 mins
- 1 x 270g pack ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced (deseeded, if you prefer less heat)
- 175g dried linguine or spaghetti
- zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 1 x 225g jar Taste the Difference Albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 x 70g bag rocket, half chopped
- Put the kettle on for your pasta water. Halve the tomatoes and chop the capers; set aside. Heat the olive oil over a very low heat in a frying pan. Add the chopped garlic and sliced chilli to the pan. Leave them to gently cook for 3-4 minutes – you don't want the garlic or chilli to colour, but for the flavours to infuse the oil.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to a pan of boiling salted water and cook according to the pack instructions.
- Add the tomatoes, capers, lemon zest and lemon juice to the frying pan. Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes – or until the tomatoes begin to collapse. Then add the drained tuna and cook for a further 2 minutes to heat through. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped rocket. Season.
- Drain the pasta, then toss with the sauce. Divide between two bowls, top with the remaining rocket and serve with a lemon wedge or two on the side.