Puttanesca pasta with rocket
Serves 2 | total time
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 anchovies in olive oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 2 tsp finely chopped oregano or thyme, plus extra leaves to finish
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 250g pack fresh stuffed pasta (we used Bertarini Lunette with cheese)
- 1½ tbsp capers, drained
- 6 pitted black olives, drained and roughly chopped
- a large handful of rocket leaves
- Place the crushed garlic and the anchovies on a board and use a fork to mash them together to a fine paste. Transfer to a bowl; whisk in the sundried tomato paste, chopped oregano, chilli flakes, vinegar and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season lightly.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining ½ tablespoon oil in a frying pan. Pat the capers dry, then fry for about 2 minutes until crispy; drain on kitchen paper.
Tip Sun-dried tomato paste has a more intense flavour than regular tomato purée – use any leftovers in sauces or soups to add oomph.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water and whisk into the sauce. Drain the pasta and return it to the pan. Add the sauce, olives and rocket leaves and toss together, divide between 2 shallow bowls and finish with the fried capers and extra oregano leaves.