Greek butter beans with halloumi
Serves 2 | total time
- 1½ tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 x 400g tin butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400g tin cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped dill, plus extra to serve
- ½ lemon
- ½ x 225g pack light halloumi, sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan. Add the onion, celery and garlic; cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the cinnamon and 100ml just-boiled water; cook over a high heat for about 8 minutes until the vegetables have softened and the liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Add the butter beans, cherry tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of the dill, the zest of ½ lemon and about 1 teaspoon lemon juice to the pan. Season and simmer over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until reduced a little.
- Meanwhile, heat ½ teaspoon olive oil in a nonstick frying pan over a high heat. Fry the halloumi for 1-2 minutes each side until golden. Spoon the beans into bowls, top with the halloumi. Sprinkle with dill; serve with crusty bread of your choice!