- 1 x 250g pack 5% fat beef mince
- 1 tbsp, plus 2 tsp Cajun spice mix
- 3 tsp pickled jalapenos, chopped, plus more to serve
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 300ml milk
- 250g mature cheddar, grated
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 large vine tomatoes, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 1 x 31g pack coriander, finely chopped, plus a few leaves whole to serve
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and stoned
- 1 x 200g pack salted tortilla chips
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Fry the mince in a nonstick frying pan until browned. Add 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning and 1 teaspoon of chopped pickled jalapenos. Remove from the heat.
- Gently heat the butter and flour in a pan and whisk until you make a paste. Slowly add the milk; whisk until thickened. Stir in 200g cheddar and 2 teaspoons of Cajun mix. Season; remove from the heat.
- Mix the onion, tomatoes, remaining jalapenos, lime juice and chopped coriander in a bowl. Spoon out 2-3 tablespoons of the salsa into another bowl; mash in the avocados to make guacamole. Season; add more lime juice, if you like.
- Pile and layer up the chips, spiced mince and spoons of cheese sauce on a large baking tray, scatter over the remaining cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes until toasted and the cheese is bubbling.
- Spoon over dollops of the guacamole, salsa, extra coriander and pickle jalapenos.