Sweet chilli chicken nachos
Sweet chilli chicken nachosSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
Get the party started with these sweet chilli chicken nachos - made with lots of cheese!
- 1 x 200g bag tortilla chips
- 125g full-fat soft cheese
- 1 x 150g pack mozzarella, drained and torn
- 30g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp butter
- 1-2 red chillies, finely sliced (deseeded, if you like)
- 150g skinless cooked chicken (leftovers or cooked chicken breast), chopped
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice of ½ lime
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- a handful of coriander, chopped
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Spread half the tortilla chips out in a large baking tray or dish. Spoon the soft cheese across the chips using a teaspoon and your finger, and dot over the mozzarella. Top with the rest of the tortilla chips and sprinkle the grated cheddar on top. Bake in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan and add the chilli, then the chicken – fry for a minute or so. Add the honey and heat on a low temperature for around 3 minutes, stirring. Turn off the heat, then set aside for a couple of minutes.
Meanwhile, roughly mash the avocado flesh and add the lime juice and some seasoning. Mash some more.
When cooked, remove the chips from the oven. Top with the chicken, honey and chilli mixture and add dollops of the avocado. Sprinkle over the Parmesan and coriander and serve immediately.