One-pan Spanish chicken
Serves 4 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 1 x 580g jar judión butter beans, drained, or 2 x 410g tins cannellini beans
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, halved lengthways and cut into large chunks
- 3 red peppers, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 x 250g pack ready-to-cook mini chorizo, halved
- 1 garlic bulb, loose papery skin removed but left whole
- 200ml chicken stock
- juice of 1 large orange, plus a few wedges (optional)
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra
- a handful of sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Arrange the beans, sweet potatoes, peppers, chorizo and garlic in a large roasting tin about 30 x 42cm.
- Mix the stock, orange juice and 1 teaspoon of the smoked paprika. Pour into the tin and toss with the vegetables.
- Put the chicken thighs on top of the vegetables to ensure they crisp up while cooking. Sprinkle with a little sea salt.
- Roast for 40 minutes. Mix the oil with the rest of the smoked paprika.
- After 40 minutes, brush the chicken with the smoked paprika oil and add the orange wedges, if using, to the tin. Dip the sage leaves in a little oil and scatter over. Roast for a further 10 minutes.