Sticky marmalade chicken traybake
Serves 6 | total time
- 3 red peppers, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1.2kg Anya potatoes or similar small new potatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 4 tbsp marmalade
- 1 tsp harissa paste (we like Belazu rose harissa)
- juice of ½ lemon
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- a handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Divide the vegetables between 2 large, shallow roasting tins and drizzle over the oil. Season with salt and pepper then toss everything together. Put the chicken thighs on top of the vegetables.
- Mix the marmalade, harissa, lemon juice, and orange zest and juice together with some seasoning in a small bowl and drizzle the mixture all over the chicken and vegetables.
- Roast for 45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, giving them a stir halfway through the cooking time. Scatter with parsley to serve.
Serve with green veg.