Ultimate fish finger sandwich
- 6 Taste the Difference chunky cod fish fingers
- 4 doorstop slices white bread (we used an unsliced bakery loaf, cut thickly)
- 3-4 Little Gem leaves, shredded
- 2 gherkins, sliced finely
- about 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
For the tartare sauce
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp capers, drained and chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped cocktail or regular gherkins
- 2 tsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- zest and juice of ¼ lemon
Step by step
Cook the fish fingers following pack instructions.
- Mix the tartare sauce ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
Butter the bread then spoon the tartare sauce onto two slices. Top with shredded lettuce, the fish fingers, sliced gherkins and a squeeze of tomato ketchup. Add the buttered bread slices on top and serve straight away.