Lemon and limoncello granita
Serves 6 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 150g caster sugar
- 250ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (7-8 lemons)
- 2 tbsp limoncello (optional)
- 1 lemon, zested, to serve
- Gently heat the sugar with 200ml water in a pan, stirring now and then, until the sugar has dissolved; cool.
- Mix the lemon juice and limoncello (if using) into the cooled syrup, then pour into a shallow plastic container and freeze for 4-5 hours or until the edges are beginning to crystallise.
- Fork the mix, then freeze it for a further 4-5 hours until it is frozen but not completely solid. Fork it again until the texture is like slushy snow.
- Return to the freezer. To serve, spoon into sundae cups or glasses and sprinkle with lemon zest.