Cherry amaretti trifles
Serves 4 | total time
- 1 x 225g punnet cherries
- 6 tbsp morello cherry conserve
- 1 tbsp Kirsch (optional)
- 8 soft amaretti biscuits, roughly crushed
- 300g ready-made vanilla custard
- 4 tbsp of double cream, whipped or crème fraîche
- Reserve 4 pretty cherries to decorate. Stone and roughly chop the remaining cherries. Put in a bowl with the cherry conserve and Kirsch, if using. Mix well.
- Divide the crushed amaretti (reserving about 2 tablespoons) between 4 dessert glasses. Top with the cherry mixture.
- Spoon over the custard, add the cream or crème fraîche and scatter over the reserved amaretti. Garnish with cherries and serve.
Tip Also try... Swapping the custard and cream for cherry and amaretto dairy ice cream.