Peaches with amaretti crumble
Peaches with amaretti crumbleSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
For a healthier dessert, try this lower-fat, lower-sugar crumble topping scattered over late summer fruit. The same topping works well on a regular crumble, but double the quantities
- 6 ripe but firm peaches or nectarines
- 3 passion fruit
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
For the amaretti crumble
- 75g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 75g amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 30g low-fat spread, melted
- 200g 0% fat Greek yogurt, to serve
Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5.
Halve and stone the peaches and put them cut-side up in a large baking dish, one with enough room for them to have a little space in between. Scoop the passion fruit seeds and pulp into a small bowl and mix in the maple syrup, then spoon this into the hollow of each peach half. If the peaches are on the under-ripe side, bake for 10 minutes to soften them up a bit before adding the topping.
- Make the crumble topping; mix the breadcrumbs and biscuit crumbs together in a bowl, then stir in the low fat spread to help the mixture clump together. Scatter over the peaches, then bake for 20-25 minutes until the peaches are tender and the topping is crisp and golden brown. Serve with the Greek yogurt.