Moroccan minced beef-stuffed tomatoes
Serves 4 | total time
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 very large beef tomatoes or 8 smaller ones
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- ½-1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 50g pistachio kernels, chopped
- 1 x 31g pack fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 4. Peel and chop the potatoes into 2.5cm cubes, cover; microwave on high for 8 minutes with 2 tablespoons water.
- Cut the top off the tomatoes (1cm from top), scoop out and discard the seeds; keep the tops. Put the tomatoes in a baking dish, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, season. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a nonstick pan fry the onion in the remaining oil until soft. Add the meat and cook, stirring, until brown. Add the spices and tomato purée; season and mix. Chop the tomato lids (discard the core), add to the pan with the pistachios and most of the coriander; mix. Keep warm until the tomatoes are done.
- Mash the potato; season. Take the tomatoes from the oven; turn the oven to grill setting.
- Fill the tomatoes with beef; top with potato; grill for 5 minutes. Serve with coriander on top.