Serves 4 | prep 30 mins | total time
- 400g cauliflower, finely chopped
- 250g tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 28g pack mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp zaatar
Can be made a couple of hours ahead - keep in the fridge, but serve at room temperature.
- Place the chopped cauliflower, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and herbs in a large serving bowl and toss everything together well. Whisk the lemon juice with the oil and zaatar plus a pinch of salt and some ground black pepper. Add the dressing to the salad and toss together well.
Tip Zaatar is a blend of sesame seeds, sumac, herbs and spices widely used in Middle Eastern cooking. It's great sprinkled over dishes or dips - such as houmous - for added warmth and tang, or simply mix with olive oil for a great dip for flatbreads.