Fruity prawn summer rolls
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- juice of 3 limes
- 1½ tbsp sesame oil
- 12 large cooked and peeled king prawns, halved lengthways
- 200g watermelon flesh, sliced into short batons
- ½ a ripe avocado, sliced lengthways
- 2 spring onions, shredded lengthways
- a few fresh coriander sprigs
Step by step
Mix together the ginger, chilli, fish sauce, garlic, lime juice and sesame oil. Place the prawns and watermelon in a small bowl and pour over the mixture, then leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
Cook the noodles from the kit as per the packet instructions, then place the rice paper wrappers in a bowl of warm water, one at a time, leaving each to soften for let’s cook just a few seconds. Drain the prawns and watermelon, reserving the marinade to use as a dipping sauce.TipBuy Nem Viet Spring Roll Kit at larger Sainsbury's stores or buy rice noodles and summer roll wrappers from Asian supermarkets
Divide the prawns, watermelon, noodles, avocado, spring onions and coriander among the rice wrappers and seal by folding in the sides, then roll up tightly.
Serve the summer rolls with the chilli marinade sauce (and the sweet chilli sauce that comes with the Nem Viet Spring Roll Kit, if you like), for dipping.