- 1 x 43g pack Milano salami
- ½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp nigella seeds
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 100g mixed nuts
- 40g finely grated Parmesan
- a pinch of cracked black ‘ pepper
- mixed olives, cornichons and silverskin onions
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Line 1 small and 1 large baking tray with baking paper. Separate the slices of salami and arrange on the small tray, spaced out. Bake for 15-20 minutes until they look slightly frazzled and crisp then drain on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, combine the oil, lemon juice, spices and salt in a bowl. Add the nuts and toss to coat, then spread out at one end of the large baking tray. At the other, add the Parmesan in 6 small heaps, spaced apart, then use your fingers to pat each heap out to a 4-5cm circle. Scatter with the cracked black pepper. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes – the Parmesan wafers should be starting to turn golden brown at the edges. Remove from the oven and leave to set for a couple of minutes, then release from the paper with a palette knife, and if you like, drape over a rolling pin (or clean bottle) to finish cooling; this will give them a curve.
- Serve the cooled salami crisps, Parmesan wafers and spiced nuts with drinks and extra olives and pickles.