Fresh and crunchy salad
Serves 6 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 1 cucumber
- 3 large vine tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- about 50g pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- a pinch of crushed dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
Prepare up to the end of step 1 up to 2 hours ahead.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon. Slice into half moons and put them in a bowl. Quarter the tomatoes and remove the seeds, then cut each quarter into 4 or 5 strips and add to the bowl, along with the onion, halved and thinly sliced. Mix in the pomegranate seeds.
- In another bowl mix the oil, lime juice, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. You can add some chilli flakes to this if you want to heat it up. Whisk it well and then add it to the salad with the mint. Mix it all well and serve.